Not round for a reason
Over 60 years ago two dental health practitioners, Prof. Dr.Balters and Dr. med. dent. Müller, discovered that the female nipple changes its shape during breastfeeding, thus ensuring an optimal coordination of all the muscles of the mouth and jaw.
This precise asymmetric shape has, to this day, been taken as a model for all NUK Teats and Soothers and has resulted in NUK being a key supplier to children’s hospitals throughout Europe.
For decades, NUK has studied the shape of teats and soothers in every detail, developed it further and continuously adjusted it based on the latest medical findings. This has resulted in the healthy training of all mouth functions and as natural a sucking sensation as possible.
This NUK Disposable Teat is widely used in NHS hospitals thanks to its special orthodontic shape.
Equipped with the NUK Anti-Colic Air System which helps to equalise air pressure inside the bottle, reducing the risk of baby swallowing air and thus infant colic.
This teat is commonly used in hospital for feeding breastmilk or unmodified ready-made feeds to newborns. Artificially thickened feeds will usually require one of our larger feed hole teats.
Do not heat this product. Microwaving these teats will damage the latex and create a potential choking hazard. Not for resale.
- Size 1 (0-6 months)
- Soft natural rubber latex
- Suitable for thin feeds, breast milk and water
- Latex teat with a small feed hole (yellow bottle collar)
- NUK orthodontic shape
- Sterile, individually packed and ready to use
- Single use
- BPA, BPS and phthalate free
- Fits NUK Classic and popular breast pump bottles
- Side vents allow air in to equalise pressure
- Latex teat - size 1 - small feed hole
- Latex teat - size 1 - medium feed hole
- Latex teat - size 1 - large feed hole
- Latex free teat - size 1 - small feed hole
- Latex free teat - size 1 - medium feed hole
- NUK 140ml hospital style bottle